Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 32- June 26th: The island at night and lost.

This morning I finalized bookings for my travels to Bratislava, Prague and Vienna trip and I feel a great sense of relief. I can't wait to travel to these places but this also saddens me because I know by the time I am done with this I must return home. I already feel a sense of lost...

I decided I wanted to go to People's Park and it is one of the biggest parks in Budapest. I felt like Central Park in NYC and a wondeful and peaceful setting. As I was walking on the path some guy thought I was 'working'! I was deeply offended.. here i am walking in the park and he wanted to do 'sex bussiness' as he put it. What is wrong here? it like being apporched by the Mormens...maybe i shouldn't be so uptight about it.

All of us went to the art exhibit from the Artists in Residency last year and the works were very good and the gallery space was very nice. I can't believe how many people showed up and I hope they purchased some art work. After the reception we had a wonderful little wine and desert gathering at a nice restaurant and everyone had a good time.


Andrea and I went to Margit island for a night walk, the entrance of the island was packed with people on this hot Thursday evening. We walked all the way acrossed the island and realized it's a lot larger then we thought. It 22 city blocks long and about 8 blocks at the widest point. It was dark but I do think we saw some people having sex in the bushes and on the park bench. It was very dark so we didn't see very much of the island. I think I will rent a bicycle next time.

No comments: