Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 23th -june 10th: It turned out better!


After last night's ranting on almost being over charged; a small miracle happened today!

On my way back from the frame store ( retrieved my Doll's of Hungary piece) I decided to stop in a little fruit and vegetable market a few doors from the hotel. I got some native strawberries as I had done in the past. I also saw some wonderful looking blackberries at 900 forints per box, it was too expensive so I put it back but the owner gave me a box of raspberries for free!!! It is very generous of her considering I only spent 700 forints. I didn't understand her but I felt her kindness and thank her.


Today is Rudee's last day and Maegan's last days here in Budapest and we had our last supper at the Artist club. We went to the Artist Club for supper a and it was a delightful experience. I feel if as I have stepped back in time and venture back in the 1960-1970's supper club in Budapest. It was absolutely wonderful and the meal was good but not excellent. It's a interesting concept of blending art gallery, performance space, lecture halls and restaurant in one building. It has the old Soviet sensibility and a genuine eastern European experience.

No comments: