Sunday, April 20, 2008

Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China




April 15- April 30


I came and went; my 2 weeks in Taiwan passed by quickly. There were wonderful reunions, happy gatherings, drunken times, delicious food adventures and sinful shopping trips.

I wish I had more time to relax and visit nature and culture establishments instead of just rushing from relative friends, stores to restaurants. It wasn't a peaceful trip but I did get a chance to take the new Taiwan High- Speed Rail and it was a trip. It felt like a combination of being on a train and airplane. Other than that it was mostly city life and didn't do anything new or been anywhere new.

Needless to say this was a costly trip and a lot of money were spent but almost no regrets. It was also the first time I ever shopped at one of those duty free cosmetic stores in the airport. To my amazement everything was about 2/3 of the price and double the sizes you would get at a regular department stores in the US. Over $300 dollars were dropped into the Taiwan's airport economy!!! :)


It's also painfully noticeable how much weight I have gained and it's been ages since I had even an ounce of courage to get on a scale. The anti-depressant pills and sleeping pills had really made me gained all these weight in the past few years and its time to get off it.

it

No comments: